Most people think timers are primarily used for switching on their decorative holiday lights during Christmas time, which is still a fine use of these tried and true devices. However, whether it's a digital indoor plug-in timer, a durable outdoor timer, or a simple mechanical timer, there are countless ways that timers can be used to make your life more efficient, more secure and more pleasant–no fancy smart home systems required.
Last week, we listed 6 easy things you can do with a timer around your home. Here are 6 MORE things you can do with a timer to make your life just a little bit easier.
1. Holiday lighting that comes on automatically at dusk.
2. Turn off the filter or heater on your pool or spa overnight.
3. Ensure your curling iron or other small appliance doesn’t get left on all day.
4. Automate your A/C, heater or fan.
5. Set “Parental Controls” on your television to turn off at bedtime.
6. Play tricks on your friend who believes in ghosts – Who turned that light on?! I didn't do it!