The best DIY projects are easy DIY projects. It doesn’t get much easier than creating a smart home with devices featuring QuickFit™ and SimpleWire™. The patent-pending design and technology showcased on new GE-branded Enbrighten Z-Wave smart controls save time and frustration by eliminating wiring guesswork and fitting better into cramped electrical boxes.
Novice do-it-yourselfers or experienced pros can install smart controls in moments. After turning off the power to the circuit, any existing switch is replaced in only a handful of easy-to-follow steps.
- Remove wallplate and switch mounting screws
- Disconnect wires – no need to label
- Connect green or bare copper ground wire to ground terminal
- Secure black line and load wires to line/load terminals – use either terminal for each connection
- Attach white neutral wire to the neutral terminal – may require a jumper wire
- Secure the Z-Wave switch using provided mounting screws and attach wallplate
More the merrier
Even multi-gang installation is convenient. Improved components eliminate the need for removable heat tabs while maintaining electrical ratings. Dual, offset ground ports support daisy chaining of ground wires to reduce clutter caused by excess wire. A 20% smaller housing further frees space for wiring in crowded switch boxes.
Safe and sound
S2 security and SmartStart take advantage of the latest benefits of Z-Wave technology while being the safest and simplest Z-Wave generation yet. The addition of S2 security provides 128-bit bank-level protection. If supported by your hub, SmartStart effortlessly adds smart controls to your home automation network using device-specific QR codes and five-digit keys.
It really has never been easier to create a Z-Wave smart home. Check out the video below to see how quick and simple it is to install these game-changing smart controls for the normal DIYer.