Depending on whether you love getting out on the lake, going camping, hiking, or just spending some time outside on a beautiful day, your need-to-pack list might be wildly different. Your camping gear may require a first aid kit and a tent. Hiking calls for good, solid shoes. And your lake trip may have you transporting water skis and a lifejacket.
However, these 5 outdoor essentials are must-haves for your packing list and are suited for any outdoor activity you have your heart set on. We took these items along on a recent camping trip with my daughter’s Girl Scout troop and really put them to the test.
Outdoor Essentials Checklist: 5 Things Not to Forget Before Heading Outdoors
- Water bottles for staying hydrated
- Durable tech gear for backup power and portable charging
- Suitable clothing with durable fabric
- Portable outdoor-rated light sources
- Storage and organization (proper bags, packs or containers)